Baby Lounge

Sunday, April 09, 2006

"so, when were you potty trained?"

When Grant was potty training, it was at the UCLA child care center, and they stressed the fact to NOT stress potty training. I didnt know what to do, and as you know, I was pretty pre-occupied with grad school, etc., so I didnt really try that hard to train him. Grant did use pull-ups, and he always sat down. I dont think boys can stand for quite a while (theyre just not tall enough, anyway). The people at day care center said that there are no kids in kindergarted who are not potty trained, so they all do it in their own time. Grant was over 3 years old, and he wore pull ups for months after, cause he still had nighttime accidents. I think I just kept asking him if he had to go, and kept trying to put him on there in the morning and at bath time. My cousins are really pushing it for their triplets. They had a race car track on the wall, and the kids got to move their cars (paper cars) when they went, so it was like a race (the race part only works for multiples, but the cars may work for other kids, too). There is still one boy who doesnt want to go. He just says "I'm working on it" when you tell him to go or "later". The triplets are 3 yrs. and 4 months old and I think the last one is getting a complex cause now hes determined not to go. It just stressed for me the fact that they need to do it in their own time, and it doesnt mean anything bad if it takes them a little bit longer. Later in life, no one asks you "so, when were you potty trained"....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home