The Wiggles
When Michael was about a year old, we were watching The Disney Channel and these 4 geeky dorks came on the channel, to sing the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." Michael immediately loved them. We went out and bought a half dozen videos and on the days when Sean and I needed a 30-minute break (um, like everyday!) we would stick a Wiggles video in and let in work its charm on Michael.
Luckily, Michael outgrew his Wiggles fascination around 2 or 3, when he discovered the even more dorky world of Thomas the Tank Engine. Ryan however, is still in the throes of Wiggles excitement. He loves watching these guys dance and sing and does his best to copy them.
A funny story for those of you who know the Wiggles music. For weeks, Ryan kept repeating a phrase to us, and to me it sounded like, "Flu Shot Mommy Mommy". I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what he was saying. I asked Michael, who is usually pretty good at translating Ryan's 2-year old gibberish. He had no idea either. We'd sit and eat breakfast and Ryan again would say, "Flu Shot Mommy Mommy!" and Sean and I would look at each other, and shrug our shoulders, completely puzzled.
So one day, I put a Wiggles video on, and Ryan immediately yells, "Flu Shot Mommy Mommy!" AND WHAM! It hits me... Ryan isn't saying "Flu shot mommy mommy" he is saying, "Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy!" (It's one of the Wiggles songs). Michael and I were in the room busting a gut, we were laughing so hard when we finally figured out what it was Ry was saying all this time.
So for those of you who have yet to discover the 'joy' of the Wiggles, here is a link. http://www.thewiggles.com.au/ Or you can find them on the Disney Channel daily in the mornings. These guys are no joke... they are from Australia and make more money than Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe combined. I should know, I shelled out $30 per ticket to so see them next Wednesday in concert. To think, Sean and I used to go see Public Enemy, Guns N Roses, Rolling Stones... and now we're going to see The fucking Wiggles. Life has definitely changed.
Luckily, Michael outgrew his Wiggles fascination around 2 or 3, when he discovered the even more dorky world of Thomas the Tank Engine. Ryan however, is still in the throes of Wiggles excitement. He loves watching these guys dance and sing and does his best to copy them.
A funny story for those of you who know the Wiggles music. For weeks, Ryan kept repeating a phrase to us, and to me it sounded like, "Flu Shot Mommy Mommy". I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what he was saying. I asked Michael, who is usually pretty good at translating Ryan's 2-year old gibberish. He had no idea either. We'd sit and eat breakfast and Ryan again would say, "Flu Shot Mommy Mommy!" and Sean and I would look at each other, and shrug our shoulders, completely puzzled.
So one day, I put a Wiggles video on, and Ryan immediately yells, "Flu Shot Mommy Mommy!" AND WHAM! It hits me... Ryan isn't saying "Flu shot mommy mommy" he is saying, "Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy!" (It's one of the Wiggles songs). Michael and I were in the room busting a gut, we were laughing so hard when we finally figured out what it was Ry was saying all this time.
So for those of you who have yet to discover the 'joy' of the Wiggles, here is a link. http://www.thewiggles.com.au/ Or you can find them on the Disney Channel daily in the mornings. These guys are no joke... they are from Australia and make more money than Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe combined. I should know, I shelled out $30 per ticket to so see them next Wednesday in concert. To think, Sean and I used to go see Public Enemy, Guns N Roses, Rolling Stones... and now we're going to see The fucking Wiggles. Life has definitely changed.

2 Comments:
i saw these ncrazies on a cd cover. i will checkm out the site...
By
Teresa, at 1:32 PM
can't believe that i just read a whole entry on wiggles... great story though. unfortunately, (or maybe it's fortunate) we're cable deprived.
By
astrobuddha, at 2:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home